Have done some more testing this morning. Verified that ground pins connected, also VS and +5V appear to routed correctly. I also verified that I can talk to the PS2. I added PU resistors on pins 46 and 49, knowing that on some PS2s I have had, the internal PU of the arduino was not enough. Also Chipkits (Pic32MX) don't have PU on most pins and they don't behave the same... ie they dont turn of if you do: digitalWrite(pin, 1);pinMode(pin, INPUT);
I also wrote a simple test to see if the I2C EEPROM on the board works. It reads the 1 byte, writes a new value, reads it back in and compares that the write took. It then writes the old value back. I do this every once for every 2048 bytes until it fails. I went through the full 64K of the EEPROM and it appears to work
I also did some simple tests of the Battery voltage/Analog Input jumpers and code. Had to make some of my test code conditional on AVR as the chipkits analog voltage reference is 3.3V. That works.
Also found a difference with the Max32 versus the Arduinos I have tested before. When I run on USB power only, the VIN pin has no voltage (on previous AVR boards this gave me the USB voltage). Actually I prefer this way as now when I have servos plugged in and the VL=VS jumper is in place... The board will not try to drive servos when only USB is plugged in. (Assuming VS for the servo power).
That is it for this round of testing...
Now to decide what my next step will be. I could start testing the XBee connections or I could start try using this now on my CHR-3 to see how well it performs. This may take me awhile as I will probably write my own servo library. I will probably start working on the servo code next...
P.S. - I did try plugging the XBEE into the socket and it appears I can talk to it. I was able to use my configure program and configure it. Trying to decide to change the config program to have the XBee in API mode 2 and use XBee Arduino library instead of my own.